The Project Manager/Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, core networks, transport, signaling and interface protocols, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Technician has a basic understanding of theory and application related to the radio access network, network design, capacity planning, fire suppression systems, power systems AC/DC, and HVAC.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical support: Provides technical support within and occasionally outside immediate team. Provides technical support in network performance initiatives, outage resolution and works to identify day-to-day improvement opportunities.
- Project management: Takes on smaller projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
- Operations: Identifies and shares potential process improvements and recommends them to Senior Technicians and / or management for consideration. Provides input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Assists in creation of job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools working closely with a Senior Technician.
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements.
- Must meet minimum technical proficiency requirements; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, Fiber ethernet and microwave radio
- 2 years’ experience in switch operations and maintenance, with a proven track record of success
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline