About CenturyLinkCenturyLink (NYSE: CTL)
is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business. Job Summary
The Technical Project Manager I will be required to provide financial, administrative & project management services as needed by the department to support business objectives. Primary duties will be to manage finances on expansion projects, including budgets, forecasting, accruals, and creating reports for management review. The work will include coordinating with multiple internal departments while working projects to completion. This person will have the ability to work with autonomy while under direct supervision, be accountable for completing tasks as assigned and show initiative while requesting assistance as needed. Job Description
- Manage finances for the Network Expansion team, including tracking budgets, accruals, actuals and creating slide decks and other materials for presentation to management.
- Update/maintain project tracking spreadsheets, finance budgets/accruals/actuals & internal reporting
- Coordinate with multiple internal teams to ensure collaboration and minimize duplication
- Gather data from multiple internal systems & enter into tracking systems
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues & work with internal teams to correct them
- Migrate/file documents into internal systems (including Sharepoint) for sharing across the various teams
- Assist in developing new processes for financial tracking/metrics
- Perform cost analysis & dispute/corrective action initiation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years' experience in accounting/book keeping - preferably for a construction, engineering, and/or telecommunication related field.
- Background/experience in a data orientation, analytical and decision-making role
- Perform cost analysis on engineering and/or construction related projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple internal customers at the same time.
- Collaborative people skills to interface with internal departments and occasional presentations to management
- Willingness to learn new processes and systems, and attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to apply solutions to basic problems within a defined framework and to interpret provided data and look for trends
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Access and MS Project and an advanced background in Excel to include working with vlookups, If statements, pivot tables, etc.
Education Alternate Location:
- Knowledge of CenturyLink Systems such as: SAP, Fireworks & BidMaster
- Experience with databases (Access, SQL, Oracle, Essbase, etc.)
- General knowledge of Telecommunications, especially as it relates to Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) fiber engineering and construction
US-Colorado-Broomfield Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/ EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.