Analyst – Financial Planning & Analysis
The Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst will effectively partner with finance and other business unit leaders to shape, drive, and influence business performance. Serving as the financial business planning interface for a variety of functional groups including Operations, Research & Development, Quality and Project Management, this individual will engage in active dialogue to understand business objectives and provide insightful reporting, decision support analysis, and forecasting in support of those objectives. This position is also responsible for ensuring the integrity of segment financials in accordance with company policies and relevant accounting standards.
- Balance understanding of the business, technical financial planning skills, and data obtained through business unit partnerships to create and deliver effective and accurate budgeting, forecasting, and resource plans.
- Demonstrate a commitment to rapidly learning the business model and continuously staying up to date with industry developments and how those developments could potentially affect organizational objectives in order to provide relevant and insightful data analysis.
- Serve as support for forecasting, annual budget, long–term planning, monthly close, and analytics for a variety of functional groups.
- Develop, deploy, and communicate on-going monitoring of relevant business metrics, across financial and non-financial areas.
- Provide timely periodic and ad hoc financial reporting results to management team, analyze and communicate variances to plans, and provide performance improvement recommendations.
- Facilitate business planning efforts within assigned groups to ensure optimal implementation and on-going management of business model.
- Provide support for month-end close activities within established deadlines, including monthly reporting of production activities, department cost results and variance analysis, as well as any required journal entries.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve potential issues within tight time constraints.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience preferred experience in financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Financial reporting experience preferred (Hyperion, FRx, Essbase, Cognos, or similar reporting systems) or demonstrated ability to learn new accounting software and financial systems.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) principles.
- Detail-oriented, excellent work ethic, positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. , as well as general working knowledge of Internet for business use. Demonstrated ability to learn new accounting software and financial systems.
- Drive for Results– Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding internal customer needs and then exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance required
- Some public company experience, business unit, or divisional finance experience preferred
- 1 to 5 years of experience