The Sr. Fiber Network Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, implementing and maintaining the client Fiber Optic Network. This includes analysis, fiber optic network design and equipment configuration, topology layout, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing, fiber testing, and power requirements/calculations and design including DC power plants. Expert in DWDM and MPLS Technologies and installation and best practices of OPGW and ADSS.
Primary tasks also include adding and modifying fiber routes and network connections in ArcGIS, creating and updating documentation and drawings including construction and close out packages, assisting with easement and permitting processes, creating BOM’s, equipment ordering, and coordinating with team members, other departments, and contractors. Must also possess thorough understanding of backhaul/microwave systems.
Lead and assist with all design and configuration of client’s intelligent multiplexing systems (MPLS and optical-based networks), to ensure that project requirements are met on time and within budget – 30%.
• Translates business/customer requirements into network and/or process designs.
§ Perform site walks with Transmission, Distribution, Substation, Generation, IT, Facilities, Contractors, Vendors, etc.
§ Represents department in project meetings with other departments, contractors, and vendors.
§ Creates BOM’s and orders equipment.
§ Creates and reviews project SOW’s with Team to ensure proper installation.
§ Coordinates scheduling with other departments, contractors and vendors.
§ Provides drawings and specs for other departments, vendors, and contractors as needed.
Conceptualize, recommend and implement ideas to improve reliability and sustainability of the Fiber Network thru augmentation (new equipment/applications) and optimization (upgrades/patches), – 20%.
• Collaborates across divisions to identify and implement communication solutions.
• Coordinate’s augment and upgrade activities to ensure integration is aligned with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environments.
• Monitors and assesses network performance for effectiveness, efficiency, traffic load, growth requirements, and security.
• Ensures that documentation complies with organization and IT standards and policies.
Provide Tier 3 technical support in troubleshooting system performance issues. – 20%.
• Research and solve problems that cannot be resolved by routine practices.
• Create troubleshooting procedures, design resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts.
• Ensure timely resolution of problems.
Provide leadership for Team – 30%:
• Identify innovative approaches to accomplish departmental goals, while maintaining alignment and compliance with business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and Service Level Agreements.
• Approve and modify system design and architecture to ensure compliance with organization and IT standards and policies.
• Develop plans for maintaining communication systems, applications, security and network configurations.
• Coaches team and IT technical staff who have less experience and expertise in communications networks and associated hardware.
• Develop and implement standards to be used by team to provide consistency and better efficiencies.