Kforce has a client in search of a Financial Consultant I in Arlington, Virginia (VA).
* Research and analyze transactions from the customer
* Evaluate and document results; Recommend and assist with implementation of corrective actions, applying information technology to streamline or improve budget-related issues
* Prepare deliverables for client review and processing Funding Packages
* Forecast and project program budget/spending requirements
* Reconcile financial, accounting, and transaction discrepancies
* Formulate budget data and program narratives at the specificity required in OBM-A-11, months in advance of execution
* Link budget formulation to the strategic and performance planning processes
* Defend program requests and budget formulation decisions before the agency Director
* Plan, manage, and control financial resources
* Assist with the implementation of management controls and technology improvements to ensure accountability required by A-123 and FMFIA
* Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required; degree in Accounting preferred
* General knowledge of federal government operations and experience performing reconciliations and other accounting management tasks is highly desirable
* Advanced Excel User is a must
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.