A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You'll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
10+ year('s) of Client Facing DevOps Architect Consulting experience within Containers & Distributed CI/CD pipeline across Microsoft/Java stack & at least one Cloud Platform.
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success supporting DevOps implementations, transformations and engineering including the following areas:
- Need minimum of 10+ years of experience in Deployment, Release Management, Environment Management and 5+ CI/CD & Containers.
- A leader who can help grow the DevOps practice by driving tangible build out of thought leadership and modern tooling POC's for DevOps.
- Understanding complex architectures and the ability to coach and guide delivery teams in engineer practices;
- Understanding dependencies;
- Understanding how developer's code, check-in into source control, perform manual and automated tests;
- Performing vulnerability and performance tests; and, - Deploying to production.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with the following required programming languages, database platforms, MVC frameworks, BPM, and other technical areas including: - Using .NET such ASP and/or C Sharp, J2EE, and Java; - Using Oracle, MS SQL server, DB2, and JDBC; - Leveraging Struts, Spring, and Hibernate; - Using BPM/BRE Tools, WSI, and Pegasystems; and, - Leveraging Application Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Data, Mapping and Workflow Tools, Application Servers, Application Architecture and Implementation, and Governance Designs. Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: - Thinking creatively, and possessing problem solving skills and individual initiative; - Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts; - Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data; - Demonstrating proven thorough abilities as a team member; - Understanding personal and team roles; - Contributing to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members; - Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively; - Providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff; - Using Linux/Unix Administration; - Demonstrating experience with automation/configuration mgmt. using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent; - Using a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services; - Demonstrating experience with MySQL; - Understanding code and script such as PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby; and, - Implementing industry leading practices and IT operations to be always-up, always-available service.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.