Candidates only from VA, MD, DC
- Test Internet and Financial Systems against specifications and documentation
- Identify, analyze and document defects and inconsistencies in the Financial Systems functionality, user interface, content, output, performance, and load-handling ability
- Create and execute test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test data
- Document, track, and communicate test plans, test results, analysis, defects, and unresolved problems with the software, and provide recommendations for improvements to the development team
- Serve as business analyst to elicit requirements from end users and redesign existing processes. Monitor application performance after release to detect recurrence of operating problems and verify continued functionality
- Assist in training support staff and users in the application’s functionality and usability.
- Create a portfolio of regression test scripts to be automated and run during each release cycle.
Competencies, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years industry experience as a QA Analyst supporting off the shelf, SaaS and custom systems.
- 3+ years experience with Financial Systems and processes.
- Experience testing consumer facing web sites, web applications, Client-server and Internet database/data entry applications.
- Experience developing and executing test plans in a Rapid Application Development (Agile) environment
- Experience developing and executing repeatable test cases in a Rapid Application Development environment
- Familiarity with test automation strategies and tools
- Experience testing with multiple web browsers
- At least one year of experience with some scripting or programming language and/ or automated test tools
- Experience writing simple SQL queries and insert/ update statements and a basic grasp of SQL Server or another relational database
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to work across multiple teams.
- Excellent written communication, with a strong attention to the level of detail required in test cases and defect reports.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
25356 Herring Creek Drive||Chantilly, VA