U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of Palo Alto Firewalls based perimeter security network and network security devices including but not limited to 7000, 5000 and 3000 series FW's. The job also involves simultaneously working on the successful engineering, testing and deployment of multiple projects.
* Providing LAN Management Service for Remotely monitored and administered FW's for over 400 locations throughout the Country.
* Plan and conduct complex project studies; includes analyzing multiple data sources and publishing results to the team or to the technical user community
* Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of Cisco based data communications network and network security devices.
* Responsible for troubleshooting network and firewall problems, specifically Palo Alto and Cisco ASA's.
* Monitor that the firewall and network system is adequately monitored to identify and solve data communication problems and user performance issues; this includes understanding chronic issues causing inefficiency in operation and seek resolution.
* Be a subject matter expert on network and firewall related issues
* At least 5+ years of experience in firewall administration, Network and Information Security, network administration, systems programming, systems design, or related technical specialties. Experience in managing and administering network and firewall changes will be a bonus.
* Requires in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols. Knowledge of IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques essential.
* Hands-on experience with all phases of firewall and network operations, firewall change requests, firewall configuration, network services, and network security
* Ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN networks and working with multiple application and system teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues.
* In-depth knowledge in the area of deep packet troubleshooting with Wireshark and/or Riverbed ACE Analyst and tcpdump
* Knowledge of network routing (BGP, EIGRP) and switching protocols, multicast and QoS protocols, Cisco hardware routers and switches, hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches is a plus.
* Excellent analytical skills, organizational, time management and problem solving skills are essential. Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with executives, vendors and department staff.
* Verbal communication skills required as this position requires some interaction with requestors (usually application and technical project teams) and the network and firewall outsourcers technical staff.
* Position demands that the incumbent be able to work independently but also be a strong team player.