TCI has an immediate need for a Firewall Security Engineer in Morrisville, NC. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship and a Public Trust Clearance.
The Firewall Security Engineer will work with firewall operations, management processes and leading practices.
- Follow best network security engineering practices supporting the network with a specific focus on firewall management and firewall device hardening.
- Implement firewall policies and compliance (i.e., CIS benchmarks) in support of the ensuring firewall security standards are met.
- Install firewall devices.
- Review firewall rule sets and log analysis for inefficient, unneeded and unapproved rules.
- Validate, test, and manage firewall rules.
- Assist in the integration and monitoring of firewall logs with other technologies.
- Assist in firewall management and administration.
- Provide status on firewall activities.
- Familiarity with network discovery tools (e.g. RedSeal).
- 5 years of experience with Cisco ASA and/or Juniper firewalls (rule creation, log monitoring, device installation, device configuration).
- 5+ years of information security operations and/or related IT operational functions.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Experience with firewall integration security.
- Good communication skills in dealing with Telecommunications engineers and business owners.
- Consult with other members of project team and develop requirements documentation.
- Experience with ServiceNow Change/Incident/Problem management.
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security (Master s Degree preferred).
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
- CompTIA Security +
- CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISSP - Certified Information System Security Professional
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with large organization networks.
- Willing to travel to assist in the installation/configuration of firewalls to nationwide sites (US only).
- Experience with cyber security development projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.