This client uses cutting edge technology, innovation, and collaboration to develop and deliver new technologies and solutions to businesses. They offer a very fulfilling and attainable path of growth to all employees, and is dedicated to cultivating a top-notch culture.
They are looking for a Software Validation Engineer to develop and execute experiments and performance tests to assess the reliability of their devices/solutions.
- Be involved in the full lifecycle of test development - from concept through integration, deployment, and release of product
- Participate in requirements analysis, and other Agile ceremonies (grooming, planning, retro)
- Developing white-box oriented testing methods to verify and validate firmware and software
- Creating test plans and strategies to improve firmware quality and test coverage.
- Creating test plans and strategies to improve software quality and test coverage.
- Collaborate with product development leaders to define and execute tests to ensure product functionality and robustness.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team and under the pressure of multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently on rapid development programs
- Ability to work on site
- Develop test environments, test automation scripts, and web applications to validate firmware
- Take initiative to gather data to investigate and analyze root cause with engineering team
- Interface with hardware engineering teams, as well as clients and end-users of the products
- Escalate the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Project Manager / Test Manager.
- Organize the status meetings and send the Status Report (Daily, Weekly etc.)
- Minimum of a B.S. in electrical, computer engineering or related field
- Highly organized, with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
- 5 + years of experience with firmware/software testing
- 3 years of experience with test automation, testing methodologies, and test tools.
- 3 years of experience with team leadership and/or supervising junior engineers and technicians
- Experience with developing web applications with a standard web framework.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience setting up a test automation infrastructure
- Experience with web development with previous experience in QA, UAT, performance testing, error reporting, agile, and CI/CD pipelines is a plus
- Knowledge in National instruments LabVIEW is a plus
- Up to $190k DOE
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health care advocacy
- Life insurance
- 24-hour medical care
- Wellbeing programs
- 401k with match
- tuition reimbursement
- parental leave
*ALL applicants must be located in Illinois and able to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future*