Client, located by Grand Central Station, is seeking to augment the Production Support Group – a team responsible for providing server and application support to the production and non-production trading environments.
Essential Technical Skills
- College Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or some other relevant discipline is preferred
- 5 years of experience working in the Financial Services Industry
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Knowledge writing basic SQL queries
- Ability to write basic scripts in ex. Perl, Python, Batch or Shell
- Ability to create / review system/support metrics to ensure excellence in service to our clients
- Control-M Batch Scheduling Experience (both administration and scheduling)
- Working knowledge of the ITRS monitoring solution
- Experience with FIX 4.2, 4.4, 5.0 SP2, API messaging, TCP/IP and Networking fundamentals
- Experience using ServiceNow (Administration knowledge preferred)
The candidate will be expected to provide technical support to external Dealer and Client users of the firm's GUI application and API connections; track and resolve issues in the production and non-production trading environments; provide technical support for internal operations and sales groups; review and improve existing support processes, monitoring, and alerting. The candidate will work closely with application developers, the release engineering team, infrastructure, and business analysts to identify and resolve issues, and promote change within the environment.
The candidate will be part of a global support team, providing support to our trading environment between the hours of 7 AM and 6 PM EST. There will also be a requirement for the candidate to work outside of normal business hours regularly, including rotating night and weekend on-call responsibility. It is vital that the candidate possess strong problem-solving, time-management, and communication skills.
- Act with a sense of urgency on identified issues in all environments, with priority given to problems in the production trading environments.
- Raise and track issues through the use of the ServiceNow helpdesk ticketing system and answer internal and external inquiries related to the production trading environment.
- Liase with support and technical staff at Dealer/Client sites.
- Work closely with the Client Services and other teams to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in global support meetings as requested.
- Participate in night and weekend support and software releases.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment and shift gears as needed
- Good written and oral communication skills; candidate will be expected to interact with persons at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Highly self- motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or better in Engineering.
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization