Our client is a well regarded, highly successful real estate (Fixed Income / Mortgage Backed Securities) investment and technology firm headquartered in Austin, TX.
They are looking for a MBS / Fixed Income Data Engineer reporting directly to the CTO to join an established team of Data Engineers with experience in the Fixed Income / Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) space. You will sit on the Data Engineering team however since you will be collaborating closely with modeling, any experience with modeling would be a big plus.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is self-motivated, intellectual curiosity to understand the complexities of financial markets and has experience with fixed income / mortgage backed securities. The individual will have opportunities to be part of high-level meetings with senior members of the investment teams and have a direct impact on the company's strategy and success. While you will be working primarily on the Fixed Income business, our client has multiple business lines with unlimited opportunity to contribute across a wide range of programs / platforms.
- Curate MBS Data used in different models and lead efforts to leverage data better / faster. Investigate new sources of data to improve current models.
- Be the bridge between the various teams like modeling, strategy, and research with the goal of generating data driven insights to enhance investment outcomes for the MBS desk. You will be tailoring the communication of complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Drive and use relational-based database technologies and Big Data platforms to research innovative techniques to solve problems in support of fixed income investment decisions.
- Develop business acumen to bring an informed perspective to investment management teams.
- Heavy SQL experience as well as exposure to related technologies like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Hive, Presto, etc.
- Data Engineer experience in the Fixed Income / Mortgage Backed Securities space.
- MBS Financial Modeling / Intex modeling / data experience is a big plus (But this is not a financial modeling role).
- Experience with languages such as Python, C#, C++, C, R, and Big Data related technologies.
- Open to re-location to Austin, TX and we will assist with re-location.