Job ID: 2118864 Location:
EL SEGUNDO , CA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top SecretPotential for Remote Work:
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals who assist the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation space and ground systems for missile warning (MW) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials for global missile threats.
SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers at various experience levels to provide Engineering services of complex space and ground efforts as part of a critical Government program. These engineering professionals will support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept, development, integration, and transition into an operational enterprise. Looking for working knowledge of large space/ground systems test and integration activities to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise. As a SE&I (Systems Engineering & Integration) Professional, you will provide System Engineering services across all engineering disciplines critical to developing and deploying the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture. Job Responsibilities:
Team Member Positions:
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies mitigation approaches.
- Conduct model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and modeling, simulation and analysis as needed
- Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of the program technical baseline
- Conduct mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
- Lead Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Conduct risk management processes and methods for identifying and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Integrator
- Requirements Engineer
- Model based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Engineer
- Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) Engineer
- Risk Management Engineer
- Schedule Management Specialist/Master
- Clearance Requirements:
- Active Secret clearance with ability to upgrade
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two plus (2+) years of experience; Masters and zero plus (0+) years of related experience in systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience.
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Relevant DoD experience
- Experience leading combined hardware and software integration activities
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Experience implementing agile software development techniques
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large Government systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
- OPIR Mission experience is highly desirable
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.