Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a Flight Systems Testbed Architect to join our team in San Jose, CA. In this role you will work with Systems Engineers, Software developers, and Software testers to design testbeds used for validating the flight software embedded on commercial and civil satellites performing missions involving communication, earth observation and lunar gateway activities.Life with Us
Your Project: As a member of a team of Support Equipment Engineers, you will be working with requirements, developing domain knowledge, and designing specialized testbed systems used for flight software validation and systems integration.
Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your supervisor, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Collaborate with systems engineering and external customers to understand, capture, and derive testbed requirements
- Architect hardware and software integration between flight avionics and test systems
- Design and integrate hardware and software applications for test beds
- Support deployment and end-users, including creating design documents, user's manuals, configuration management systems, and real-time troubleshooting
- Emphasis on designing test beds with closed-loop capability for GN&C system validation
These skills would be amazing
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical, aerospace/controls engineering, physics or related field. Four years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in product development, integration, and delivery, or related field. A Master's degree may account for 2 years of experience.
- Experience designing and building HWIL and SIL systems simulating electrical sensor and actuator signals. Test systems used for validating GN&C control system under closed-loop control
- Proficiency in electrical design and integration of hardware systems and support equipment
- Proficiency in at least one general programming language (C/C++/Python/Java)
- Strong understanding of general operating systems (Linux, UNIX, Windows)
- Experience with RTOS (VxWorks, Greenhills Integrity, Real-time Linux)
- Knowledge of software testing (V&V programs) processes and configuration management systems
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Experience with labor and materials estimation for project planning
- Knowledge of legacy hardware and software
- Experience with government processes for product development and delivery
- Prior experience with Systems engineering processes
- FPGA design experience
- Some experience with ADA programming language