As a Mobile Programmer/Analyst II you work on the Mobile app, 2019 winner of the J.D. Powers "U.S. Banking Mobile App Satisfaction Study" . You will support the overall objectives of the Digital OMNI Channel department within the Organization. The initiatives include enhancing the end-user experience, increasing self-service capabilities, drive automation of business operations, and integrate with various IT systems. These initiatives will deliver best-in-class mobile banking experience to bank customers.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, information systems, math, engineering) or equivalent education/experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, coding and releasing applications for a mobile platform
- 3+ years of any experience with Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, or Dart
- 3+ years of experience with writing unit tests and/or test-driven development
- Experience building a complete app using the Flutter SDK, you will be asked to walk thru a simple app in the interview
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of how Spring Boot applications work
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience or knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic coding, and corrections
- Maintains working knowledge of programming languages in use at any given time
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be capable of dealing with conflicting priorities with ease.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with methodologies, policies, standards, processes, systems, and measurements that enable the enterprise to effectively manage software assets
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to drive digital development initiatives
- Drive a culture of change, excellence, and innovation that constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or