Cyber Risk Threat Intel Senior Consultant
Are you interested in improving the cyber and organizational risk profiles of leading companies? If your response is yes, consider joining Deloitte & Touche LLP's growing Cyber Risk practice. Our network security architects assist our clients with the design and implementation of holistic and targeted solutions needed to meet and exceed the requirements of best practice, ethical operations, and regulation?
We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated services provider in helping to transform the cyber security services marketplace. Our team is client focused and mission driven. As a Senior Consultant, you will work with our diverse teams of passionate and expert professionals to help solve for some of today's toughest cybersecurity and organizational challenges to enable or clients to enable business growth and continue to manage evolving risk.Work you'll do
- Utilize the threat intelligence platform to understand adversary tools, techniques, procedures, threat actors and campaigns, and malicious domains, URLs, IPs, and sites
- Provide notifications to vulnerability management and L3 team on new indicators of compromise when available and recommended courses of action to support response activities
- Collaborate with Security Monitoring and Technical security specialists to identify specific SIEM rules and alerts are setup and configured to provide threat feed data for external threats.
- Provide a feed of threat observables from threat intelligence platform for ingestion into the SIEM tool
- Perform weekly and monthly threat summary calls with broader operations team to review trends and outstanding issues
- Document report on the threat landscape including major threats, vulnerabilities, trends, attack vectors, and other indicators to support threat monitoring and vulnerability management
- Coordinate with the CSIRT team to contain the incident and to mitigate the threat upon notification of incident
- Assist with the review and maintenance of Cyber Incident Response Plan and response playbooks as needed
- Participate in tabletop exercises and red teaming exercises and assist with preparation for the exercises as needed
- Contribute to Deloitte's thought leadership in client organizations and external marketplace
- Understanding and leveraging various product capabilities across the gamut of Threat Intelligence to best serve the needs
- Identify and recommend operational improvements to the client, drawing on deep experience and industry specific knowledge of risks
- Analyze complex issues to determine client impact and to suggest alternative solutions based on client needs and objectives
- Manage communications with vendors, 3rd party service providers, Deloitte leadership, and client personnel
- Responsible for compliance with all Deloitte firm engagement management requirements
- Bachelor's degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence and experience conducting threat modeling and familiarity with the intelligence cycle
- Experience in performing threat research and analysis to collect intelligence on the threat landscape, using sources such as Open-source security intelligence, law enforcement, and industry sources (for e.g., FS-ISAC), client internal data sources
- Understanding and familiarity with cloud security and concepts or knowledge of static and/or dynamic malware analysis
- Experience reviewing and assessing logs for anomalous activity indicating the presence of a threat
- Hand-on experience in security operations (commercial SIEM platforms) and/or threat intelligence (commercial CTI platforms such as Anomali).
- Knowledge and ability to identify threat actor attack methods and track their developments
- Experience using the Diamond Threat Model or Cyber Kill Chain
- Extensive experience conveying complex information in simple, succinct explanations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address internal and external client needs, including:
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working collaboratively with clients to design and implement process and technology solutions
- Able to build solid, trust - based relationships with stakeholders
- Able to plan, schedule, track and report on simple project timelines/milestones using collaboration tools such as ServiceNow / Jira
- Excellent interpersonal/communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Demonstrating strong domain expertise and thought leadership to clients in the cyber security space
- Willingness to travel up to 25% required (Mon - Thurs) on a weekly basis (while travel up to 25% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- SANS GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence certification or equivalent
- Experience with Threat hunting and vulnerability management platforms (Rapid7 InsightVM, Nessus, Qualys) is a plus
- Strong understanding of security principles such as attack frameworks, threat landscapes, attacker TTPs, etc.
- Strong knowledge of network communications, routing protocols, regulatory standards and compliance requirements and common internet applications/standards
- Demonstrate understanding of the Cyber Threat Intelligence Lifecycle, including network threats, attacks, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Experienced in overall threat intelligence and threat hunting processes including administration, maintenance, operational incident management and change management for threat research and analysis to collect intelligence on the threat landscape