We have the following government position open in Baltimore (Woodlawn), MD.
Please send your resume in Word format only. Thank you!
Role title: Fraud Analyst/ Investigator
Number of positions available: 1
(Req. S-041; LCAT: SME2)
Duration: ~1 year contract (going to FTE - Full Time Employment)
Location: Baltimore (Woodlawn), MD
Description of Work:
- Evaluates system alerts for potentially fraudulent activity.
- Reviews transactions in multiple systems as well as input from other sources to identify fraud.
- Communicates with internal and external sources related to potentially fraudulent activity.
- Provides input on new ways of identifying fraud as well as improving existing fraud models.
- Works with technical staff to test fraud models.
- Participates in meetings and events representing the customer (agency).
Basic Qualifications: Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of relevant work experience, OR Master’s Degree and 2 year relevant work experience in User Interface Design experience.
- 3 years of experience in fraud prevention related field(s), including fraud detection, investigation, forensic accounting, law enforcement, or similar disciplines.
- Knowledge of anti-fraud principles.
- 3 years of experience in Customer service experience, including making contact with the public via phone or face to face excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to prepare management reports and associated metrics.
- 3 years of experience in Demonstrating ability to analyze problems logically and make rational data driven decisions.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and monitor fraud trends and be able to present to upper management.
- 2 years of experience with tools used for fraud identity and verification, authentication, device authentication.
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and learn skills necessary to complete job.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification is a plus but not required.
- Prior Federal Government/Government/ large scale corporate working experience.
- Knowledge of cyber security and information security concepts.