Overview Position: Fraud Analyst - Atlanta
The Fraud Analyst position requires an individual who is passionate about finding and stopping fraud. Successful applicants need to have a keen ability and drive to identify fraudulent activity and go beyond the basics. The position requires the ability to identify and mitigate fraud activity, monitor and review high risk transactions, review transaction reports for trending analysis and fraud mitigation, interact with external and internal customers to champion fraud policies and procedures, and other duties as required in a high pace environment.Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor real time queues and identify high risk transactions within the business portfolio.
- Observe customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft, counterfeit and similar other risks.
- Identify fraudulent transactions and cancel them from further processing.
- Resolve high risk alerts within the service level agreements to reduce potential revenue losses.
- Investigate fraud claims and make decisions regarding their validity based on available internal and card brand policies and 3rd party data and in accordance with defined SOP's
- Interact with banks and customers to validate information and to confirm or cancel authorizations.
- Resolve customer issues within the scope of existing service level agreements.
- Monitor constantly customer and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts.
- Maintain fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company systems.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information collected during investigation.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities.
- Recommend anti-fraud processes for changing transaction patterns and trends.
- Recommend new software tools used for fraud detection, prevention and reporting activities.
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Managers.
- Handle escalated customer calls/inquiries
- Answer phone inquiries from merchants and other banks pertaining to cases that have been worked
- Maintain individual accountability for performance metrics ensuring ever-increasing levels of productivity and accuracy against established benchmarks
- Create clear, concise and compelling documentation to respond to inquiries from legal
- Utilize BPMN process training
Shifts vary, and cover hours from 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM, 5 shifts per week, any day of the week. Shifts are primarily 9 hours with a 1 hour unpaid lunch. Most analysts are required to work at least 1 weekend day per week. The Customer Protection department is open 363 days/year (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas). Location:
Atlanta, Georgia. Little, if any travel required. Organization:
This position is a member of the Fraud Prevention Department and reports to a Front Line Manager - Fraud Prevention.Required Skills/Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in fraud and banking or related
- Working knowledge of fraud detection tools
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive and detail oriented
- Time management, organizational and problem solving skill
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Availability and willingness to work on weekend and outside of the "standard" work day.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns
- Team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in global team environment
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effective communication both verbally and in writing
- Trained BPMN process mapping certification desirable
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking candidate preferred.