Myticas, LLC is currently seeking a Front-End Developer for contract position with our client in North Chicago, IL.
Please review the job description and respond back to me ASAP with your "Updated resume" at or Call at 224-441-2586.
Title: Front-End Developer
Location: Chicago, IL- 60606
Type: Contract to Hire
Duration: Contract 6 Months+ CTH
Start Date: ASAP
- Project: Developers will be responsible for working on building new interactive components of customer-facing, digital products and a design system, which supports a larger initiative involving the modernization of all of united.com; 11 product teams will adopt the new design system.
- Developers will join a small design team that is already in place and work directly with a design vendor that is the industry leader in this subject matter. This is a really unique opportunity to have direct access to and learn from the SMEs in this space.
- Once the vendor leaves in a few months, these developers will be tasked with maintaining this information as it will transition to be managed internally. The intent is also to convert them to FTEs around this time.
- This role is very collaborative in nature. Of the two developers, the more senior one will especially be expected to act as the liaison between the design team and other architects, developers, and scrum masters across 11 product teams to advocate for the adoption of the design system.
- Some after-hours support may be required for first-level triage of defects.
- Candidates should be prepared for a 90-minute, in-person interview with different teams if selected.
- These are contract-to-hire positions. ***Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.***
***Candidates must be available to interview onsite***
***Position located at 77 W. Wacker***
We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX designs to reusable markup for our digital design system. You will work with the UX and Architecture team to define, deliver, and implement.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and React.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platform (SASS).
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Experience coding for accessible web content.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Remain current on user interface trends and programming techniques and suggest new tools and methods as necessary.
- May assist with new user interface testing and participate in usability reviews.
- Familiarity with screen reader tools is a plus (VoiceOver, JAWS, NVDA).
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required.
Mid-level, 3-5 years experience preferred.
Thanks and Regards,