Job Title: Front End Developer
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Employment Type: Contract-to-Hire
The Front End Developer will play a key role in our client’s software development efforts, interfacing directly with the engineering, product testing, and product management teams to ensure superb-quality development and deployments of software enhancements. As a Front End Developer, you will learn our client’s innovative software suite from the inside out. You will grow technically and increase your product knowledge. At a medium sized company, you will see the impact of your work as part of their rapid release schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browser.
- Be a part of the day to day activities of a team of Product Developers.
- Work with a vertical area of one or more products.
- Contribute to a technical product roadmap.
- Be the technology and domain subject matter expert in one or more business domains and/or technical areas.
- Help drive the successful completion of development projects.
- Create technical design documentation.
- Evaluate and implement innovative technologies into the current development process.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical standards.
- Takes active participation in technical training and mentoring for junior team members and cross functional teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience professionally developing software
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Experience with Sass, Less and/or CSS Modules
- Understanding of responsive web design
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux or Redux-Saga)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with a curious mind for troubleshooting and building software
- Detail-orientation with the ability to understand how each aspect interacts with the big picture
- A solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and programming fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work with technical and non-technical staff
- Proven perseverance to carry a set of software deliverables from requirements to completion
- A single-minded focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ready to work in an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Creative and innovative
- A detail-oriented problem solver who delights in adding value to products and their roadmap
- Eager to stay abreast of emerging new software technologies, frameworks, and libraries, and identify where these could improve existing or new projects
- Able to design, develop, and maintain front-end systems
- Providing technical input to project-related decisions
- Ready to use unit testing, integration testing, code coverage, and other tools to ensure correctness of software
- Drawn to Development because you like contributing to solid, well-made products
- Eager to use your skills in a company with products that helps people
For immediate consideration, applications should email their resume to Justin Boland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently, we are unable to offer sponsorship.