VariQ is seeking a Front-End Drupal Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Throughout the project, the candidate will work closely with Project Management and internal/external teams to define and prioritize functionality; execute agile scrum processes, and deliver rapid iterations of progressively complex features and functionality.
As the Front-End Developer, you will design and develop prototypes, solve complicated layout problems and implement functional User Interfaces. In this role, the candidate should ensure requirements are met, and evaluate performance. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to drive change with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including experience in Agile/Scrum development practices. Additional Information:
- Available: June 2021, currently in proposal stage
- Location: Rockville, MD
- Security Clearance: ability to attain Public Trust clearance
- Perform as a Front End Drupal Developer providing guidance and collaboration with the internal and external teams to evaluate solutions and gain consensus for the website design and interface
- User Experience (UX) research and design
- User Interface (UI) development
- Ensure the technical feasibility of the UI/UX designs
- Implement the major aspects of the sprints per the defined functionality for the site with attention to detail and support through the testing and deployment
- A key team member who can think out of the box, has an eye towards UX, and collaborates with managers, engineers and other team members to achieve goals and objectives set for the project
- Develop custom content in Drupal CMS Platforms
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create reusable code and libraries for future use
- Build mobile first design from wireframes, responsive design
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensure all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with back-end developers, web designers and other team members and stakeholders
- Get feedback from and build solutions for users and customers
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Keep up high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay current on emerging technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of related experience OR Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years or related experience.
- 5 years technical and web development experience
- 3 years of experience with Drupal (Drupal 8 preferred)
- Experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment
- The ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Proficient understanding of: Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience with Section 508 compliance and accessibility testing
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.