This SAAS company is a fast paced and growing technology company. Deep industry knowledge is leveraged to expand and redefine the software offering to our existing customers and well as in realizing growth opportunities.
The Senior Front-End Application Developer position will report to the Development Manager. The role is responsible for developing rich, intuitive, responsive web-based applications and reusable UI components. Candidate will be responsible for translating business requirements, UI wireframes, and UI standards into quality software adhering to the coding standards, using some of the latest and most exciting emerging technologies in use today for modern web application design and development.
- Develop frontend web applications using Angular (version 2 or newer), HTML, CS/SCSS, Bootstrap 4, Node JS etc. and develop the features that communicate with REST APIs.
- Develop reusable RESTful UI components and libraries which can be applied across multiple projects.
- Assess and ensure technical feasibility of web UI designs.
- Collaborate with product management team to refine UI designs using industry standard best practices regarding usability, touch device controls, navigation, etc.
- Ensure cross-browser and multi-device compatibility.
- Optimize web application frontend for maximum speed, smooth rendering and scalability.
- Translate business requirements and UI wireframes to technical UI design and development quality software
- Collaborate with other members of the development team and broader project team including Product Management/Product Owners, QA, and Project Managers.
- Develop and demo UI proofs-of-concept
- Works with US and India cross functional teams to architect, develop application front-end and manage major, minor, and break/fix releases.
- Deep knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (along with LESS or SASS)
- Hands On work experience in building large web applications with front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, Angular, Backbone, Ember, React / Redux, Semantic UI, or similar
- Experience building responsive UI’s with flexbox, bootstrap or similar tools
- Experience with client-side build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or WebPack
- Excellent understanding of REST API and experience in developing front-end applications that communicates with REST API.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handing, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient with cross-browser compatibility and proven ability to proactively identify and address compatibility issues.
- Must have the working experience with Continuous Integration methodologies and processes. Jenkins experience would be a bonus.
- Source Control and collaboration tools such as Git, SVN, TFS, GitHub or BitBucket
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work overlap hours with USA Team; Ability to work across time zones and be flexible
- Self-Driven, results oriented and motivated.
- Positive Attitude.
Desired Additional Experience
- Working knowledge of API standards such as OData, Hateos, or JSON API a plus.
- Familiarity and/or experience with TypeScript, ES2016 / ES2017
- Contributions to Open Source projects on GitHub
- Knowledge of image authoring and wireframe tools such as Photoshop, Gimp and/or Axure.
- Knowledge of UX design ideals and ability to develop hi-fi wireframes and prototypes.
- Understanding of Web API, C#, .Net or .Net Core or desire to learn about these technologies
- Development of Mobile Applications with frameworks such as Ionic
- Bachelor’s degree in science or technology or other technical fields. Master’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of exclusive experience developing responsive, modern web applications
- 2+ years of experience as a lead mentoring other UI developers
- 1+ years of experience with agile development methodologies