The Application Developer – Frontend supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop user experiences, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. 6 Months. 70/W2 or 80/C2C. 100% Remote.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
• Develop system applications to coding standards and quality.
• Technically manage project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
• Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
• Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
• Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
• Complete tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
• Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
• Report status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
• Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
Backend Developer Responsibilities
• Understand functional requirements of users. Translate those requirements into user experiences.
• Development and execution of test plans.
• Conduct testing and troubleshooting.
• Collaborate with other areas
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• 5 years of experience in application development
• 5 years of experience with user experience/ interface design and development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
Other Required Qualifications
• Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
• Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
• History of working independently with little direction.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
• Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving responsibilities
• At least 5 years experience designing and building user experiences and leveraging industry standard tools
• Experience with PHP Zend Framework
• Experience with PHP, XDebug, Apache, MySQL, and PHPUnit
1770 N. Park St, Suite 100 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact