SENIOR DB2 DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire opening for a senior-level DB2 Database Administrator to support a leading health insurer in downtown Washington DC. The position will support a stable, collaborative and technically challenging work environment.
Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship or Legal Permanent Residency is required. The candidate selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
An onsite interview is required after a successful phone interview.
- Provide day-to-day database support for mission critical applications on DB2 DPF (Database Partitioning Feature) and DB2 HADR (High Availability Disaster Recovery) databases. Rotating 24x7 on-call support responsibility
- Manage and monitor DB2 HA (High Availability) infrastructure and TSA (Tivoli System Automation) to ensure 24 x7 system availability
- Design and implement DB2 management functions such as system backup, database reorganization, runstats, etc. for HA environment and to maximize system availability and use.
- Conduct performance tuning and optimization work on multiple DB2 databases tuning SQL and database structures for optimal performance and system throughput.
- Analyze performance issues and troubleshoot hardware, storage, network and workload for optimization.
- Install, configure, and manage the full DB2 software stack on AIX environment for HA and maximum performance.
- Partner with project teams and interact with customers to identify technical solutions for projects and operational issues
- Provide support for data replication between production site and disaster recovery site
- Ensure stability of both infrastructure and software stack
- Provide support for performance testing system optimization
- Work with product vendors (e.g., IBM and EMC) for troubleshooting and collecting traces for enhanced vendor support
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience, including 5-10 years of hands-on DB2 UDB experience in an AIX environment
- Experience installing DB2 and applying DB2 Fixpack upgrades on AIX High Availability (HA) systems (both DPF and non-DPF)
- Configure, tune and maintain HA using Tivoli System Automation (TSA)/ High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) for database failover and failback support
- Experience in DB2 SQL performance tuning using tools such as db2advis, db2expln, db2batch, db2exfmt and DSM
- Configure DB2 Workload Manager (WLM) for load balancing and tuning different workloads (on-line transaction, ad-hoc query and batch)
- Install and set up Q-Replication between databases, MQSeries and handle subscription changes.
- Configure DB2 backup clients with Tivoli Service Manager (TSM) and EMC DataDomain Boost (DDBoost) for point-in-time backup recovery
- Experience with flashcopy/snapshot functionality for database cloning and backup
- Working knowledge of Federation, Multidimensional Clustering (MDC) and Materialized Query Tables (MQT)
- Experience with IBM DB2 troubleshooting tools including, but not limited to, db2pd, db2diag, db2inspect, db2dart, db2top, and Data Server Manager (DSM)
- Experience with DB2 data movement and copy utilities such as load/import/export/High Performance Unload (HPU)
- Ability to write and troubleshoot DB2 shell/korn/Perl scripts for automation
- Working knowledge of scheduling tools such as Control-M and Crontab
- Experience with database archiving tools such as Optim Data Growth (ODG) preferred
- Understanding of DB2 BLU and knowledge of when BLU data structures are appropriate for implementation
- Prior experience supporting Ab Initio, Cognos, HTTP server and WebSphere applications
- Ability to review and troubleshoot SQL scripts to identify and address performance issues
- DB2 10.5/11 LUW Advanced Server Edition
- DB2 Extended Enterprise Edition/Database Partitioning Feature(DPF)
- EMC DDBoost
- shell/Perl Scripting
- Microsoft Office
HOURLY RATE: $75 to $80/hr. range W2, commensurate with experience. Benefits available
CONVERSION SALARY- $130,000 range, annually. Excellent PTO and benefits package
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor