CGI is seeking a driven, detail-oriented front-end user interface developer to join our team in support of a Child Welfare system we are delivering for a State Government.
The ideal candidate will understand the differences between UI and UX design, and have a creative yet organized approach to tackling problems and creating mobile-friendly solutions. Those in the role will work closely with various members of this organization to play a key role in the successful launch of web features and application. Your future duties and responsibilities
* Review designs created by UX designers; proactively ask any necessary clarifying questions during the design walkthroughs and during check-ins
* Write necessary markup and code to implement those visual and interactive elements
* Maintain quality and consistency of markup standards and css assets
* Collaborate with internal team members (such as functional leads, developers and UX designers) for review and feedback
* Implement consistently accessible markup with the goal of supporting Section 508 conformance (understanding and leveraging Section 508/WCAG 2.0 guidelines, ARIA, etc.)
* Evaluating, testing, and validation technologies developed for Section 508 compliance by using available testing tools/checklists
* Optimize features and applications to ensure fast loading speeds
* Identify and troubleshoot various front-end issues and markup/coding problems
* Collaborate with members of the website team (including UX designers and back-end developers) to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of the web applications
* Maintain updated knowledge of the development industry and any advancements in technology
* Meet deadlines as required Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* 3+ years in a front end development role
* Portfolio or samples of past work and projects
* Familiarity of the general web development and deployment process, with an emphasis on front end design and development practices
* Solid grasp of HTML 5, CSS 3, and building responsive web applications with Bootstrap v3 and/or v4
* Ability to interpret and implement application and feature designs from prototypes and sketches
* Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or clients
* Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Flexibility to adapt to evolving requirements
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Web Application Development
Department: Digital Customer Experience