Front End Developer
CoStar is the owner of Lands of America, Land and Farm, and Land Watch and is the leading operator of online marketplaces that support the sale and purchase of farms, ranches, country homes, and rural land. Our customers include real-estate brokers, real-estate agents, owners, and investors who need internet listing services and information and to help them sell/purchase properties and track competitive trends.
CoStar is currently seeking a full-time Front End Developer in our Austin office. You will be integral in architecting and implementing the next generation of our Land technology platforms, primarily working on the front end of our multiple platforms, to provide the best user experience for our customers. You will contribute and collaborate with our .NET developers and ColdFusion developers to integrate back-end services with highly performant front end frameworks to deliver relevant content to users as quickly as possible. You will work closely with other developers and departments (quality assurance, marketing, client services, and product management) to design and develop new web based products and features. You-ll be taking responsibility for individual User Stories and tasks within sprints, and will work with the rest of the team to push regular releases of new front end functionality to production.
* Develop and implement technical solutions to problems and features in the Land vertical in the appropriate programming language.
* Analyze technical requirements and design new components, web pages and controls to meet functional, performance and availability requirements.
* Design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
* Coordinate with Product Manager and internal customers to determine requirements for new features and bug fixes.
* Work with and mentor other developers on the team.
* Bachelor-s Degree preferred.
* 4+ years development experience, preferably with React, Angular, Knockout, or other highly performant front-end frameworks.
* Experience with jQuery, LESS, and SASS
* Experience with Grunt and Webpack
* Experience building responsive designs with a mobile-first approach
* Experience consuming APIs from within the browser
* Experience with React or other front-end development frameworks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task while working in an agile development environment
* Experience with mission critical, high volume web-based systems
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing