As a Front End Developer at Lucid you will work on our core platform, BuildingOS. You will contribute to software that changes how people interact with commercial buildings, that connects legacy building technology to the internet, and that enables deployment of the next generation of building IoT devices. You will work closely with your fellow developers and our product design team to solve difficult user interface problems, with a particular focus on data visualization.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who writes clear and composable code, and who is an effective communicator. You'll be in a lead role on the team. You will contribute to the various apps and the library of components that we have built in React, and you'll help migrate a few legacy Backbone and jQuery apps to React. We love crisp, elegant code, and we value tooling and testing that automates chores and hassles. The team will benefit from your deep front end experience. You will help everyone make trade-offs and avoid pitfalls while still moving fast and experimenting with new ideas.
- Work with product to create requirements for applications.
- Build clean, reusable UI components.
- Consume APIs and visualize data.
- Ensure that all code is rigorously tested.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Advocate for best practices for front end engineering.
- Maintain and improve build and workflow tools.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Broad and deep knowledge of web technologies.
- Experience with React, Redux, and react-router.
- Experience architecting and maintaining a large web application with a significant lifespan.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining a JS build and workflow pipeline (Babel, Webpack, etc).
- Experience creating tools to support fellow developers.
- Experience with component libraries and/or design systems.
- Experience with complex client-side data flows, and writing/consuming APIs.
- Solid knowledge of testing approaches and principles.
Nice to have
- Experience with data visualization techniques and libraries (particularly d3).
- Experience with Python and Django.
- Experience with Agile.
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field