Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger. Description
At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual's Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual's customer-facing digital assets.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Front-End Developer to join our team. What great looks like in this role
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Drive toward the effective utilization of the latest technologies, partnering with business stakeholders across the team, as well as experts in other areas including data science to achieve these goals.
- Learn and master new and emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
Skills and qualifications
- Manage execution and timely completion of front-end engineering projects by analyzing scope and determining project specifications, establishing testing methods for product investigations, analyzing test programs for adequacy and sequence, examining samples for compliance with requirements, and preparing reports
- Formulate plans with detailed calculations, drawings, diagrams, project specifications and budget estimates, and read and interpret precast reinforcement shop drawings, civil grading plans and structural drawings.
- Maintain system functionality through rigorous testing, identifying ways to improve efficiency and productivity, and providing maintenance and support activities for all existing solutions
- Monitor industry trends and implement appropriate methods to keep production on the cutting edge, while meeting financial goals and providing cost savings
- Utilize software programming for the preparation of technical specifications, user documentation, presentations, and progress and results tracking
- Build professional skills through continued training, education, and networking events
- 2 years' experience in front-end web development proven by an outstanding online portfolio or online code repository
- HTML5: cross-browser design and implementations; proficiency crafting pages with semantic markup; knowledge of W3C standards
- CSS3: proficiency building libraries that use transitions and media queries; expertise in one of: BEM, Atomic, DRYCSS, OOCSS, SMACSS
- Docker: experience building images, Dockerfile syntax, volumes, and port binding; working knowledge of docker-compose
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Accessibility: knowledge of ARI
- Experience writing unit tests, browser automation tests; understanding of cross-browser testing tools or platforms
- Experience with ESLint, CSS Lint
- Experience with data-driven content sites; experience mapping user flows through content sites
- Experience with theme development across multiple domains
- Experience building modular code
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Progressive Web App/Graceful Degradation: experience in implementations across devices, including: desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers
- Git: knowledge with workflow steps, including: branching, merging, rebasing, pull requests; working knowledge of reversion and alternative Git flows
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE - 500 Ranking (FORTUNE - Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual. CORE VALUES Focus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy. Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies. Value People:
We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential. Work Collaboratively:
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand. Achieve Results:
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.