At MassMutual, we---re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual---s Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual---s customer-facing digital assets.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Front-End Developer to join our team. What great looks like in this role
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Drive toward the effective utilization of the latest technologies, partnering with business stakeholders across the team, as well as experts in other areas including data science to achieve these goals.
- Learn and master new and emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
Skills and qualifications
- Manage execution and timely completion of front-end engineering projects by analyzing scope and determining project specifications, establishing testing methods for product investigations, analyzing test programs for adequacy and sequence, examining samples for compliance with requirements, and preparing reports
- Formulate plans with detailed calculations, drawings, diagrams, project specifications and budget estimates, and read and interpret precast reinforcement shop drawings, civil grading plans and structural drawings.
- Maintain system functionality through rigorous testing, identifying ways to improve efficiency and productivity, and providing maintenance and support activities for all existing solutions
- Monitor industry trends and implement appropriate methods to keep production on the cutting edge, while meeting financial goals and providing cost savings
- Utilize software programming for the preparation of technical specifications, user documentation, presentations, and progress and results tracking
- Build professional skills through continued training, education, and networking events
- 2 years--- experience in front-end web development proven by an outstanding online portfolio or online code repository
- HTML5: cross-browser design and implementations; proficiency crafting pages with semantic markup; knowledge of W3C standards
- CSS3: proficiency building libraries that use transitions and media queries; expertise in one of: BEM, Atomic, DRYCSS, OOCSS, SMACSS
- Docker: experience building images, Dockerfile syntax, volumes, and port binding; working knowledge of docker-compose
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship
- Bachelor---s degree is required
- Accessibility: knowledge of ARI
- Experience writing unit tests, browser automation tests; understanding of cross-browser testing tools or platforms
- Experience with ESLint, CSS Lint
- Experience with data-driven content sites; experience mapping user flows through content sites
- Experience with theme development across multiple domains
- Experience building modular code
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Progressive Web App/Graceful Degradation: experience in implementations across devices, including: desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers
- Git: knowledge with workflow steps, including: branching, merging, rebasing, pull requests; working knowledge of reversion and alternative Git flows