PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best!
IT Business Analyst Position Description
Serves as the liaison between functional and technical teams by understanding and conceptualizing applications from each area's point of view. Responsibilities will include collecting requirements, creating business process diagrams, managing change management process, testing, and assisting with the implementation of new software applications to support the objectives of the Institution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Four (4) years previous experience in business or systems analysis.
- Strong IT business skills (Preferred).
- Interfaces with clients to define business processes, specifications, reporting needs, and functional requirements.
- Designs user interface mock-ups to effectively meet business needs.
- Documents system processes, functionality and recommends improvements as applicable.
- Assists with developing and maintaining user manuals and guidelines.
- Conducts meetings with end users and technical experts to clarify issues and gather requirements.
- Assists with devising test plans to ensure that the outcome meets the specified requirements and expectations of business users.
- Assists with managing scope creep and clearly communicating with business stakeholders of feasibility and effort analysis.
- Maintains an issues log and collaborates with appropriate teams to mitigate risks.
- Able to work autonomously and with managers to ensure business requirements and needs are met.
- Able to build a strong rapport with both the technical and functional teams.
- Able to understand programming concepts such as structured and object-oriented programming.
- Understanding of database concepts such as schemas and data relationships.
- Familiar with API concepts such as web services.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, and organization.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills.
- Polished and professional demeanor.
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite).
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette.