Business Group HighlightsCivilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services. Responsibilities
Perspecta is looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our team in Arlington, VA. The developer will be a critical part of our multi-discipline, Agile, engineering team building and enhancing modern web applications. Perspecta's Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) Benefits contract provides the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with full software lifecycle support services. We not only upgrade and sustain previously-developed systems, we innovatively develop new solutions to meet emerging customer needs. Our teams work collaboratively with government customers and other contractors in aone-team
, flexible, and scalable approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Front-End Web Developer will provide technical development leadership on the program to solve the customer's many challenges while ensuring solutions comply with the enterprise technical architecture. The developer's team researches, designs, builds, tests, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products and solutions based on government defined requirements. The developer contributes to the Agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and team responses to changes in customer priorities.
The developer will work closely with user experience (UX) designers and business analysts (BAs) to design and develop interfaces with clean code and in alignment with current best practices. In addition, the developer will work with Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and client stakeholders to develop strategies and specifications to improve the performance, usability, and effectiveness of user interface functionality. Utilizing aUser Centered Design
approach, the user interfaces are developed according to design templates supplied by the UX designers. The developer will participate in client meetings, team collaborations, and document best practices to develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement front-end software code for components of the user interface.Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop user interfaces and participate in UI/UX design meetings;
- Build and maintain web applications that use modern web frameworks such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS;
- Build unit and integration tests for user interfaces using Jasmine and Karma within the Angular framework;
- Work with the services team to design RESTful APIs that user interfaces will leverage for dynamic content;
- Demonstrate technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences that may include the customer, and
- Provide software demonstrations and technical presentations to the customer.
- 8 - 10 years experience in software / application development, 5+ years of experience specifically in front-end web development; BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Experience in HTML 5, CSS 3, LESS, SASS and responsive web standards;
- Solid web application fundamentals (data structures, TCP protocols) and desire to engage and contribute on scalable front-end architecture;
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, and AWS deployment strategies, and
- Must be comfortable interfacing with the client for software demos, and meetings.
- US Citizenship and eligibility for Public Trust Security Clearance
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)