NSA is in search of Computer Science professionals to solve complex problems, test innovative approaches and research new solutions to storing, manipulating, and presenting information. We are looking for you to apply your computer science expertise to projects that seek to create new standards for the transformation of information. If you want to develop technologies and tools and be a part of cutting edge innovations; join our team of experts! Help protect national security interests as part of the world's most advanced team of computer science professionals!
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills, and is:
- able to negotiate with and influence others
- able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
Experience in the following is required:
- Designing graphics appropriate for websites (e.g. web limitations, screen resolutions, how to create graphics for use in HTML layouts, etc).
- Creating and effectively arranging graphics, images and all other content into a creative, cohesive, functional, and visually-pleasing website utilizing best practices in User Interface/User Experience design.
- Turning a graphic layout into a fully functional web page (i.e., knowing how to slice up graphics and layouts into an HTML framework).
- Translating written/verbal themes and ideas into appropriate visual design.
- Creating original artwork using image editing programs (ability to illustrate a plus).
- Proficiency with Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of requirements as defined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act a plus.
- Strong understanding of web design principles and best practices.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, navigation, and usability principles.
Additional qualifications include an online portfolio showing recent examples of your web design work demonstrating your UX and graphic design skills. Applicants without a current web design portfolio will not be considered.
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is currently seeking experienced Front End Web Developers to join the NSA Web team responsible for designing and developing state-of-the-art websites and web applications for the Agency intranet, and performing all aspects of designing, developing, publishing, and maintaining the content and applications for the NSA.gov website
Description of the Position
As a Front End Web Developer, your responsibilities may include:
- consulting extensively with customers to elicit project requirements, provide content strategy services, and establish and communicate project timelines and milestones
- collaborating with team members, as needed, to ensure technical solutions are implemented to meet project requirements
- communicating ideas through low and high fidelity mockups
- designing, developing, and implementing user-friendly, professional, visually-pleasing websites and user-interfaces for web applications