Front End Web Developer - Mid or Senior Level Chicago, IL based - 100% remote work 6 month contract + extensions Description:
• Responsible for building 'client-side' web application development.
• Translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
• Optimize applications for maximum speed.
• Design and implement responsive features.
• Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability and meet product stakeholder requirements.
• Create quality mockups and prototypes as needed. Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
• Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 8+ years experience
• Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
• Hands on experience with markup languages
• Familiarity with cross-browser, cross-platform testing and debugging
• In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
• Understanding of layout aesthetics
• Knowledge of SEO principles
• Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
• An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering quality outcomes that balance technical and business goals
• Broad web and digital knowledge, an aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving as well as mentoring/guiding other members of the team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at