The Front End Developer will take their passion for digital usability, design and web development to create world class experiences for Dollar Tree’s customers who interact with the brand via various digital means. The Front End Developer’s main role is to work with various internal and external stakeholders to capture business requirements, visions, and insights and then to transform them into scalable dynamic digital experiences The Front End Developer will collaborate with both company management as well as with external vendor partners to design and develop these digital and web applications. The Front End Developer will also play a role in developing the knowledge, understanding and underlying skill sets of any Interface Designers/Web Developers working in the Digital Division (Dollar Tree Direct) of Dollar Tree, Inc.
- Provide technical Leadership for all aspects of Dollar Tree’s Ecommerce sites, Non-Ecommerce sites, Local Store Websites, Call Center application.
- Serve as Primary technical contact for partners and vendors in terms of integrations, configurations, maintenance, enhancements, launches and fixes.
- Play lead role in capturing requirements, issues, and enhancement requests from within the Digital division and from without (EX; HR, Finance, Merch) to then come up with recommended technical solutions based on those requests.
- Play one of two high profile roles (Project Manager or Technical Lead) for all medium to large projects (size based on scope and complexity) which Division is charged with implementing
- Accountable for making sound recommendations on the navigation, functionality, organizational structure, page-to-page flow and design of ecommerce and non ecommerce web sites.
- Translate strategy, business requirements, consumer research findings and usability/design best practices into site design solutions that balance the best user experience while delivering on business goals
- Work closely with graphic designers to create, schedule and launch various on-site and off-site promotional campaigns (i.e. Content Pages, Banner Ads, and Emails.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the company’s IS department to ensure all company standards, policies and process requirements are met and maintained.
- Work closely with Dollar Tree Direct Upper Management to ensure auditable systems are in place and maintained to ensure compliance from both a legal and an auditing perspective.
- Play the Leader’s role in the monitoring, tracking, fixing and testing of enhancements and bug fixes.
- Serve as a liaison between e-commerce group and Site hosting partner Oracle. Working with Oracle on a day to day and week by week basis both in terms of making recommendations to their OMS and OCP platforms as well as their MCOM Reporting Suite, but also from a budget management standpoint
- Assist in managing relationships with various technical partners & vendors as needed.
- Monitor site performance across a variety of metrics (i.e. load time, up-time, performance across browsers, click through pathing, conversion, abandonment, etc.).
- Perform expert reviews on concepts and wire frames and integrate this into the design process on an iterative basis by presenting the findings and suggesting changes where necessary.
- Support Call Center efforts, looking for process flow improvements made possible by improving Interfaces and Work Flows.
- Facilitate user sessions, present recommendations and negotiate win/win solutions with project team members.
- Prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Pin-point important issues that may require further discovery research
- Create requirements documentation for issue resolution, including gathering business requirements and detailing possible solutions.
- Design user interaction solutions/schematics based on sound usability principles, research and technical feasibility. Express these solutions through design documents. These documents may include architecture-maps, system process flows and thumbnail flows.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (EX: BS – Information Technology) plus a minimum of 8 years of interface design including site development and adaptation for established, consumer facing web sites.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in each of the following technologies: HTML/CSS/JavaScrip
- A minimum of 5 years of Web programming/Computer logic experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in XML
- A minimum of 1-3 years of Server configuration experience.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of front-end technologies (Web Developer Suite) to include Dreamweaver and PhotoShop
- A minimum if 3 years of experience and proven success in implementing usability testing practices and then implementing deliverables based of those outputs
- A thorough and deep intellectual understanding of common web and interface conventions, as well as dynamic, data-driven web sites.
- Strong understanding of various Web browser platforms (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer), and the impact/variations they can have on such things as usability, load times, and renderings
- A proven track record of Project Management is necessary as is the ability to play roles in multiple projects in a fast paced environment with a focus on delivery world class outputs/deliverables
- Must be able to translate business strategies into conceptual diagrams, task flows, and site maps
- A strong working knowledge SEO best practices as well as experience in SEO analytics
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of marketing and online branding
- Detail oriented with excellent organization, analytical, technical writing and problem-solving skills.
- Sans Secure Coding Training and Certification
- Strong understanding and track record of coding to WAG and ADA Accessibility standards