Frontline Production Support
This position is for an opening which provides Frontline Production Support for the Data and Analytics division our client. This division is responsibility for the overall health of several large data warehousing repositories which stores data for all lines of our client Business. This positon will participate in break fix solutions, light enhancement, metric dashboard development, batch and real time data flow process improvements. Must be highly motivated, possess strong analytical, and trouble shooting skills to work in this dynamic environment. This is a growing part of the organization using state of the art technologies to drive data driven insights for better business outcomes
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- To be involved in profiling and ingesting data from all parts of the organization in order to hydrate the growing Data Lake using Big Data technologies.
- Root Cause Triage and work with matrix partners to guide then in implementing solutions with an eye on best practices.
- HPSM Incident, Service Request and Problem management.
- Monitor the health of the batch, real time and cloud components of the Data Lake environment and take the necessary actions when issue arise.
- Participate in all release, and sprint activities.
- Work with application programmers, architects, and business analysts to understand the business, technical and infrastructure needs.
- Create enterprise splunk dashboards utilizing splunk logs.
- Eliminate manual production support activities through improved processes and technologies with an eye toward automation (Continuous Innovation Continuous Delivery-CICD)
- Partner with the IT Business community to identify system processing metric gaps and trends.
For more information please contact Janice DiCicco at 860-979-0912 or firstname.lastname@example.org Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
- Bachelor Degree or related IT discipline .
- 1 - 2 years experience from a production support or delivery perspective.
- CA-ESP Scheduler, SQL/SQL tuning, Microsoft Suite, HPSM, Unix/Linux experience strongly desired.
- Beginner to intermediate experience with some of the following data warehousing technologies is a plus: INFORMATICA, DataStage, Teradata, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Splunk and Hadoop technologies.
- Cloudera Manager exposure a plus.
- Exposure to Python, Bash Scripting, Sqoop, MapReduce, Oozie, Impala, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Git, Jenkins, uDeploy, OpenShift, Docker Containers, AWS, and CPC.
- Working knowledge of at least 1 of these BI tool: Looker, and Tableau a plus. SQL a must.
- Ability to addressing critical issues as well as keeping focus on strategic tasks.
- Demonstrate the aptitude and interest in learning cutting edge technologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Familiarity with
- Incident/Problem management ticketing system.
- Agile development (Scrum methodology).
- Microsoft products.
- Data profiling.
- Experience in Healthcare insurance highly valued
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.