Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Front Office Systems Developer for a full-time assignment with one of our premier financial services clients in Stamford, CT. He or she will join their Front Office Information Technology team. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with a strong technical background to interface directly with the firm's commercial personnel. It is also a terrific opportunity to be involved in the early stages of the firm's shift toward more cloud-first development. Responsibilities
- Hands-on role responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining a firmwide investment, trading, and analytics platform supported by APIs, applications, and visualization tools.
- Work directly with Commercial Trading teams to reengineer & optimize trading models.
- Develop cloud-native solutions to promote integration within the framework of a Firmwide Front Office IT platform including the use of analytical and visualization tools.
- Partner with Data Science team to create next-generation analytic tools including machine-learning driven platforms and code sets.
- Develop APIs to facilitate time series, positions, and market data analysis.
- 5+ years of prior professional programming experience
- Experience working with front-office trading teams.
- Advanced knowledge working with cloud-based technologies, specifically AWS.
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Advanced Java and/or Python experience. Both is ideal.
- Working knowledge in Unix and Windows environments.
- Intermediate or higher knowledge of SQL and DB technologies.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide range of users ranging from very technical to non-technical.
- Results-oriented team player, with the ability to handle a rapidly changing set of projects and priorities while maintaining a strong professional presence.
- Strong analytical skillset with demonstrated attention to detail.
- The candidate should be passionate about technology, staying current with trends.
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly and work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Commodities a big plus. Power / Gas / Oil is big plus
- Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or Snowflake experience.
- Experience with DevOps practices.
- Experience with the following technologies: Git, Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, Microservices, Spring, CI/CD, shell scripting, messaging busses (ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ), React, Angular.
- Experience in MATLAB, R, or Excel VBA/.NET/.NET Core.
- Experience with Flask, Django, or Spring Boot.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com