About the Role
As a Frontend Software Engineer in the Policy Engine team, you will architect and implement highly-performant, reliable, scalable applications used by millions of external customers every day. Our focus is to build a "platform" that enables business operations to build scalable and delightful customer experiences for our users. As a platform team, we stand behind the reliability and architectural integrity of our systems.
You will work closely with our internal partners across all lines of business (Rides, Eats, Freight, etc.) and collaborate closely with Product Managers and Business Operations teams to build for scale. We are a Customer Obsessed team, and care deeply about our users, continually looking for opportunities to improve their lives.What You'll Do
- Work on services / features that are very close to the business
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Collaborate with and learn from engineers, foster our speed-oriented culture in them, and help to cultivate a growing team
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Experience with web application development frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Redux or similar
- Experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- Experience with SOA (micro-service) architecture
- Experience with production-quality services, deployment, monitoring, and reliability
- Experience with distributed storage (e.g. Cassandra) and relational database (e.g. MySQL) systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form