Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC,
an award-winning federal government contractor, has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Stack Application Developer to join our team in Washington, DC.
As a full-stack Applications Developer (AD), you will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement, and implementation of software for the USCIS programs. The developer must work with web, back-end and database interfaces to ensure an integrated solution. The AD will work as a technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using Jenkins CI/CD Pipeline using tools such as( Angular, Springboot, GraphSQL, Dockerized Containers, AWS EKS etc.). This program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the agile development team will be responsible for application delivery management through a process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges. Essential Responsibilities:
• Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
• Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
• Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
• Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software and evaluates effectiveness.
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
• Acts as a team leader on projects.
• Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
• Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
• Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
• Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
• May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
• Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members. Required Qualifications:
• 5+ years of relevant software development experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred
• Experience in full-stack development, with Java as a core competency
• Experience with modernization of an IT system or program and transformation to the cloud
• Expertise with object-oriented programming concepts
• Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
• Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD principles technologies
• Experience with new technologies such AWS Serverless functions, EKS and other AWS services
• Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences, excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
• US Citizenship and existing or ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance Desired Skills
• AWS certified developer a plus
• Experience understanding and working with .net framework a plus
• Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
• Experience coding and implementing Micro-Services design patterns
• Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD technologies
• Implementation of PaaS, SaaS and CaaS platforms
• Virtualization/Containerization working experience using Docker platform.
• Experience with the following:
• HTML 5
• GitHub, Jira experience
• Experience working in an Agile team, scrum master role
• Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns
• Domain Driven Design and Event Driven processing concepts using Apache Kafka
Here at Harmonia we are pleased to have been repeatedly recognized for our outstanding work culture, the innovative work we do, and the employees on our team who make a difference each day. Some of these recognitions include:
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 company
- Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 company
- Great Place to Work Certification
- Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies
- SBA SBIR Tibbett's Award
- Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certification
We recognize that every bit of our success is the result of our teams of hard-working, motivated, and innovative professionals who are proud to call themselves part of the Harmonia family! In addition to competitive compensation, a family-focused culture, and a dynamic, productive work environment, we offer all full-time employees a variety of benefits including, but not limited to
Check out our LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram to find out a little more about who we are and if we are the right next step for your career!
- HSA- eligible medical insurance plans w/ Wellness Incentives for employees and family
- 100% employer-paid dental and vision insurance options
- 100% employer-sponsored STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Veterans Cohort
- Gym membership and wellness reimbursements
- 401(k) matching
- Dollar-for-dollar 501(c)(3) donation matching
- Flexible-schedules and telework options
- Paid holidays and 16 additional days of paid time off
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Employer-sponsored Employee Assistance Program for employee and family
- Team and company-wide events, recognition, and appreciation-- and so much more!
Harmonia is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or genetics. Harmonia does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. To perform the above job successfully, an individual must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and work experience required; and must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties in addition to those listed may be assigned as necessary to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable an applicant with a disability to successfully apply for and/or perform the essential duties of the job. If you are in need of an accommodation, please contact HR@harmonia.com