CGI is seeking a Sr Python talent with strong frontend UI experience with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Specification by Example, Behavior / Test Driven Development - BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located in Lafayette, LA, Bloomfield, CT or New York, NY !
This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
* Experience building rich Python based applications.
* Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
* Manage multiple assignments independently, and provide technical expertise/mentoring to the other team members.
* Primary responsibilities will be designing, testing and building end-to-end applications (native and/or hybrid) using Python, Django, Flask to meet customer requirements and goals.
* Must be familiar with Agile methodology.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential for this role.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Project Management or other related field or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of experience with core Python development
* 5+ years of experience with Oracle / DB2 / Teradata databases
* SAS experience is a plus
* Good in writing advanced PythonPython Advanced Programming with Database Programing Knowledge
* Good in writing Complex SQL Queries
* Should be in position to write the unit test cases in Python in order to test the code
* Should be in position to understand the python code and know the best practices of coding in python.
* Having Basic Hadoop knowledge, GIT, Jenkins, Udeploy awareness is preferred
* Experience working on Linux systems
* Experience with the following web framework is beneficial: Django/Pyramid/Flask/Web2py
* Experience with the following tools is beneficial: IDLE, Pycharm
* Software engineering experience (design, coding, testing, deployment and support).
* Must have experience in using code scanning tools such as Sonarqube or Fortify.
* Working experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery desired.
* Strong understanding of testing and development techniques.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills to find the root cause for complex issues
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.