Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Developer on the Deals team located at our headquarters in St. Louis, MO. The Deals team applications is made up of three distinct applications: Deal, Solution, and Service Quoting. These applications are the tools that support our sales and engineering teams, helping them define, strategize on solutions and ultimately delivery a quote to meet the needs of our customers. The team’s applications are in high-demand and currently being rolled out to our sales and engineering teams across the country and globe. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team consisting of other Developers, Analysts, Architects and Product Owners.
At World Wide Technology (WWT) our vision is to be the best technology solution provider in the world. We have remained successful and continue to grow through the recent difficult economic conditions. We strive to build a profitable, growth company that’s also a great place to work.
- Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ability to ensure user experience determines design choices.
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Learn and understand WWT's business processes
- Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or Supply Chain
- 2-5 years of full stack web development experience
- Experience with Grails, AngularJS, Node.js and Vue.js is required
- Familiar with data sources such as Oracle and MongoDB
- Test-First mindset across all levels of application development including unit, functional, end-to-end and regression testing.
- Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
Want to learn more about WWT? Check us out here: https://www.wwt.com/about
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.