Wealth Asset Management (WAM) Engineering is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company's use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations and client and business applications.
WAM Investment Technology is the front-office team that is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab's proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab's exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $500bn in assets under management, WAM is the 3rd largest provider of index funds, 5th largest provider of ETFs and the 7th largest provider of money market funds.
This team is essentially the front-office for Schwab Asset Management that continues to harness the state-of-the-art technologies for differentiating Schwab portfolio research and asset management. The team has won several industry awards such as the "Best IT Team of the Year" and the "Asset Manager Digital Tool of the Year".
Team is high performing and plays a key role in developing the technical strategy, designing systems, and delivering to high quality standards. What you are good at
This is a Full Stack Software Developer role, focused on web services for a frontend interface, managing the software development lifecycle including the coordination, prioritization, and communication across the business product areas. It will include building and realizing the strategy for the teams to support the dynamic needs of the WAM business.
The role includes the hands-on development role, building a client driven technology organization. The role entails full Agile and DevOps model in partnership of WAM business-actively working with Product Owners, End-Users, Partners-in managing requirements, design, coding, testing (unit and functional), deployment and post-release support.
Evaluate complex project goals and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified customer features. Lead the design or provide feedback on system software using specialized domain knowledge and developed business expertise. What you have
Why work for us?
- This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology individual with a proven record of software delivery to a front office investment management business. Ability to work within Agile practice with little supervision. Demonstrate standards to deliver high-quality products and services.
Qualifications & Experience
- Required: At least 2-3+ years of professional experience building full stack web software
- Required: Strong proficiency in C#, and MS .NET Core implementing Web Services
- Required: Proficiency in Angular/React, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS3
- Required: Recent experience working in Agile teams with proven delivery history.
- A university degree from an academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- Good communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Work well in small self-managed Agile teams
- Strive for ownership and quality deliverables with little supervision
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.