The Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. The core focus for the position will be on implementing software for mobile platform with an emphasis on UI/front end development. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams. Responsibilities
- Design and build advanced UI/UX applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Conduct rapid prototyping, knowing when and how to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
- Conduct unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Participating in regular code reviews and software planning/retrospectives
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5 years of experience in native Android development, Web Design, Mobile and Front End Development with UI and UX design & Mobile dev experience
- Proven software development experience and Android development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and have published at least one original Android app
- Knowledge and experience with RxJava/RxAndroid and MVVM architecture
- Experience with Android SDK, Kotlin and working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with iOS SDK with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text and a familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch is a PLUS
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies with the ability to advise and consult on best practices in the domain.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development agile life cycle.
- killed in the CI/CD automation for build,test and deploy - including version control, branching, static code analysis, secure coding practices.
- Knowledge of automated performance testing practices, rollback and feature toggle
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or