This position will be part of the Trading eXperience Technology team at Schwab, focused on improving the Trading experience for our clients. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and adopt change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via multi-functional coordination and ownership.
Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. is looking for a Software Development Engineer III where you will be part of a team of experienced IT professionals tasked with building applications and products to support Schwab's trading platforms. You will be working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies. What you are good at
What you have
- Responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of Web UI and REST APIs.
- Prototype, validate and create critical application solutions for business.
- Interact with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, SDETs and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Identify technology risks and dependencies early to establish mitigation plans.
- Participate in technical governance and ensure development standards and best practices are followed.
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as Test-driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support SDETs with testing efforts and release and deployment and drive improvements in the release process
- Troubleshoot and support applications in production in case of any issues. Create Splunk logs, dashboards and setup monitoring and alerts to avoid re-occurrence of similar issues for all your applications.
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands on experience in .Net C#
- Should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Highly collaborative team player, with ability to mentor junior developers and lead initiatives with minimum direction.
- Proven ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- A thorough understanding of web architecture, application integration, and tooling is required
- Solid hands-on experience in a mission-critical mid-tier production environment
- Effective communication skills, ability to read and write high and mid-level architecture documentation
- Awareness of emerging technologies/standards is required
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.