Enterprise Capital Management technology team is looking for a strong individual performer with ability to work in a fast paced agile environment. The objective of our team is to ensure Bank of America (BAC) and its subsidiaries are compliant from a regulatory capital reporting perspective under the Basel rules in a new stable, scalable and sustainable capital reporting and analysis platform. The project elaborates requirements for data sourcing elements for calculating risk weighted assets, details business logic for computing these financial elements and defines process-flow and formulas for generating Basel rules-based capital ratios. These requirements are captured for various entities at Bank of America including bank holding company (BHC) and related depository institution entities (banks). This role will be responsible for hands-on application development to support the current and target process, as well as partnering with the multiple Technology teams to implement the target architecture and migration to strategic platform. Typically requires 10+ years of applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Python development experience is a must
- 2+ years of Java development is good to have
- Experience in Quartz( Internal bank platform) would be preferred but optional
- 2+ years of SQL programming experience preferably with databases such as Oracle Exadata
- 1+ years of UNIX scripting experience and unit test mock frameworks would be preferred.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and SDLC processes would be preferred.
- Knowledge of performance tuning data intensive applications
- Expertise in performance profiling, ability to identify performance improvements and memory optimizations
- Strong coding, debugging, and analytical skills • Experience in large scale enterprise application implementation
- Creative individual with a track record of working on and implementing innovative tech based solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or any quantitative discipline
Bank of America, Global Technology & Operations:
- Degree from outstanding university
- Background in capital calculations
- Knowledge and/or experience working within the Hadoop or other big data distributed ecosystem.
- Knowledge of cloud computing or distributed computing
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Internal job code: Software Engineer IIIShift:
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role