Job ID: 2115918 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
NoDescription Tis the season for a bonus! This position is eligible for SAIC's National Security Sign On Bonus which pays within 30 days of start!
SAIC is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join a collaborative agile team in a highly mission-focused environment. The candidate will refine and enhance existing applications to better meet the customer's mission design, as well as develop and provide O&M for multiple tools, as well as help to develop solutions to software architecture problems and broad design solutions. The developer will participate in software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle, to include scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing, integration, and maintenance. The successful candidate is a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver with the aptitude to tackle technical challenges and is capable of working in a fast-paced development environment with little assistance. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, development, and testing of the application using modern standards
- Share O&M responsibilities with other members of the development team
- Translate requirements into mockups and fully functioning application
- Investigate and seek new and innovative ways to improve the customer experience
- Provide on-call support
- Current/Active TS//SCI with Polygraph
- 14+ years of experience working in software engineering, applications development and/or web application development and deployment
- 5+ years of experience with Rails in varying versions
- Familiarity with GWT, ReactJS, Backbone JS, and Rails front-end technologies
- Strong foundation in Linux
- Ability to troubleshoot Ruby on Rails applications, Apache HTTPD, Solr, Linux, AWS
- Comfortable with Git source code version control software
- Behavior and Test Driven Development utilizing Cucumber, RSpec, and supporting libraries
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology and experience working in an Agile team environment
- Familiarity with Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Familiarity working with data in varying encodings and character sets
- Familiarity with ETL concepts
- Familiarity with Restful web services
- Strong customer service skills
- Automation - CI/CD (Jenkins)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.