Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a DevOps framework for the JETS program. The DevOps Engineer will gather requirements, design, codify, integrate and implement secure solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. The selected candidate will automate, optimize, and improve the CI/CD processes, will build CI/CD pipelines using variety of open source, COTS and GOTS tools and streamline the application deployment process. Will assist in the testing and building and integration of new solutions using the latest CI/CD technology (Angular, AWS, etc). The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the DevOps Engineer will be critical in supporting application delivery through an agile process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges.
This role requires experience working with an agile process in a DevOps environment; requires experience with containerization and deployment; experience with virtualization monitoring products; experience helping development teams establish the workflows for continuous deployment; experience assessing business objectives, conducting gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifying business requirements; requires experience with model development and deployment in a cloud environment.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree
- Experience working as an architect or leader in a software development environment
- Experience with modernization of a large mission critical IT system or program
- Full-stack experience in software development, to include the following technologies and tools: Java, C#, object oriented design, and modern web frameworks (such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS)
- Experience with new technologies, such as AWS microservices
- Certified DevOps Professional or AWS Certified DevOps and be familiar with:
- AWS/Cloud Technology
- Container Concepts
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration
- Infrastructure Automation
- Open Source OS
- Source Control
- Experience working in an agile environment, with Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Source control experience (such as GitHub)
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Experience with the following:
- HTML 5
- Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
- Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply Share Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)