CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
CGS is currently hiring for self-starting, hands PERMANENT Software Application Developer (C#/ .NET) reporting directly to the Sr Solutions Architect at a Financial Services client in Newport Beach, CA. You will be part of niche team working on custom applications to support the Credit and Mortgage industry. You will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of new internally developed applications and enhancements to existing software solutions through hands-on design and development of all tiers You will work on next generation solutions in alignment with the technology departments roadmap, while adhering to technical design and software coding standards. You will partly be responsible for the analysis, design, code, test, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Lifecycle concepts and techniques including secure development methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Visual Studio IDE
- Must have good understanding of SOLID and object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts
- Must have experience with Web Services (SOAP, REST), Web API, Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks. Java Spark a plus
- Strong understanding of SQL Server 2012 and above, Transact SQL, stored procedures, triggers, SSIS packages and experienced with database access technologies.
- Familiar with Source Control Management tools & Build and Release methodologies e.g. TFS, Github etc.
- Experience working with Agile/ SCRUM methodologies
- Experience with code reviews/ evaluations and desire to mentor junior developers
- Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
- Proactive communicator, self-starter that enjoys research and troubleshooting and works well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work-related experience
- A plus: Possess experience in the Mortgage or Finance industries and understanding of data modeling concepts
Intangible soft skills/ Personality
- Takes Ownership & Accountability with ability to Deliver (in a timely and accurate manner)
- Dependable and Motivated Team Player with initiative and drive
- Flexibility (able to let go of previous experiences and adapt to better methodologies)
- Able to reason and convince with logic and vice versa
- Respectful and professional with a heart for customer service
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing the .NET Framework, .NET Core, and best practice software design practices in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Work on the development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced Agile environment. Design, develop and test software applications Support applications using software development methodologies including structured programming, documentation, design and code review
- Act on behalf of Applications Manager to direct and mentor delivery of onshore software developers output and enhance teams’ creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Act on behalf of team to gather requirements and prepare specification and Project Plans to resolve business client questions.
- Work with business analysts and application users to define and design robust user centric application solutions. You will be expected to create technical specifications and unit test plans from scratch
- Support Business systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Work with QA to align understanding of requirements and to develop system test plans
- Collaborate with UX resources to drive consistent look and feel of user interface as well as with database resources to ensure robust and complete data access and manipulation
- Collaborate with IT Operations to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements
About CGS Business Solutions:
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After four consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.