Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
- Participate in agile software development, prototyping and code reviews with a small team of developers
- Design and implement the front-end webpage for the application
- Design, implement and/or use RESTful web services
- Implement modern and responsive UI for the web and variety of devices
- Write testable, well-thought-out code within the Java ecosystem, embracing additional languages and frameworks when appropriate
- Unit, e2e and performance testing software under load to ensure reliability and scalability
- 5-8 years of experience as Full stack developer and/or server-side
- Prior experience working on a scalable web-based application
- Strong experience with Java in web app development with Scala
- Experience designing, implementing and using RESTful Web Services with Service-Oriented Architecture
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience with Angular JS
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience with Node JS
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience with HTML, CSS, and cross-browser layout skills and responsive design
- Strong experience working with MVC
- Solid understanding of version control principles, preferably using Git
- Solid understanding of decentralized ledger technology (blockchain)
- Experience using NoSQL, CouchDB and/or relational databases
- Ability to navigate the vast and quickly evolving collection of open source projects and select the right tool for the job
- Attention to detail and an ability to build reliable, scalable, and flexible software
- Knowledge and experience with Hyperledger Fabric is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with authentication is plus
- Knowledge and experience deploying applications on a cloud instance a plus
- Great work environment!
- Competitive salary
- Insurance (Dental, Vision, health and life)
- Option to work from home one day per week upon supervisor's approval
- Paid holidays
- Pre-tax expenses account
- Opportunity for growth!
The diversity of Axle s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.