As a Full Stack Developer, you will be a key member of the team helping to drive full (and correct) adoption of modern software engineering & delivery practices ('Real' Agile, TDD, ATDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, CICD, Cloud, etc.). Knowledge and experience in implementing solutions in the cloud (AWS) is required. This can range from custom code on IaaS/PaaS to SaaS solution integrations. You will also be responsible for interfacing and influencing with the business lines as well as others across IT.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Design and develop components applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others.
- Work with the team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Ensure clear documentation of created/modified functionality.
- Independently propose and create solutions.
- Drive idea generation with peers and other stakeholder within the organization to identify areas that require improvement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required
- 4-6 Years of experience developing in back-end Java required
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical design
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to liaise with and influence a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise in creating and consuming REST-based APIs and Web-based applications
- Experience in distributed systems, OO principles and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- In addition to the required education and experience, the following attributes are desired: o Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines o Be well versed in enterprise software development, from budgeting and resource management to design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond o Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking—you're able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes o Be organized and process-oriented preferred.