Oregon State Treasury is recruiting for the position of Full Stack Developer (Senior Application Developer).
The primary purpose of this position is to collaborate with members in IT and the business units to deliver web content developed for in-house applications and via SharePoint. This position will provide technical design of web and GUI interfaces, along with flow and layout to support customer design requirements. The developer will be knowledgeable in client-side and server-side programming with a focus on adhering to development standards, as well as experience in database design, security practices applied to software design and development, web server environments and testing procedures. The developer will participate in strategic decision discussions to support the needs of stakeholders, as customer satisfaction is a top priority.
- Designs, constructs, implements, and maintains business application systems using OST approved development tools and technologies.
- Design and construct application systems based on business process requirements analysis, including security and other technical design considerations.
- Provide technical design of the user web interface and overall customer experience for our web sites, including navigation flow, layout of specific pages, and creation of individual graphic elements.
- Provide software planning and visual hierarchy throughout entire lifecycle of web services implementation.
- Develop, test, and deploy web applications and pages based on input from Division stakeholders and customers.
- Work with the Communications Team and web project team in the development and implementation of web design and social media strategy.
- Manage the Agency websites by updating page content. Review and update embedded links for accuracy, archiving, or purging outdated pages. Resolve technical problems.
- Ensure all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
- Lead efforts to improve quality of websites as well as making recommendations regarding design issues, upgrades, and security.
- Lead and attend meetings to plan work, discuss design recommendations, and provide status reports.
- Work with information technology staff and division content staff to develop policies and procedures for posting, updating, and removing material from the website.
- Diagnose user experience issues of major complexity.
This is a SEIU represented position, classified as a Information Systems Specialist 7. The salary range for this position is $68,496 - $ 103,524 annually. This position will have the opportunity for a hybrid (remote and in-office) work location schedule; in-office work will be predominately from Treasury’s office in Tigard. The schedule will be approximately 90+% time spent remote with quarterly in-office presence.
Minimum Qualifications for Our Position
Six (6) years of information systems experience in web application development. OR An associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND four (4) years of information systems experience in web application development.
OR a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND
two (2) years of information systems experience in web application development. OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
Desired Attributes for Our Ideal Candidate
- Software development, including 4 years C#.NET development experience.
- HTML experience.
- CSS experience.
- SQL relational database design and CRUD operations experience.
- SharePoint development experience.
- Self-motivated, dependable and acts with integrity.
- Able to lead discussions with diverse groups, both technical and non-technical teams.
- Enjoys and is comfortable with new technologies related to software development.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Comfortable leading code reviews and technical discussions.
Important Application Details
In order to apply and be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume, and a cover letter describing how your experience, training and education have prepared you for this position.
We will accept applications through the job announcement closing date, however, we may close this recruitment early, if we receive a well-qualified applicant pool. If interested, please apply early.
About Oregon State Treasury
Oregon State Treasury is focused on improving the financial well-being of all Oregonians. We provide low-cost programs for governments, and empower Oregonians to invest in themselves and their loved ones for a more secure future.
We are committed to cultivating a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful. We value and support the collective differences in who we are and celebrate the fact that everyone comes to the table as their own unique individual. We are devoted to prioritizing equity and addressing racial disparities, as well as ensuring a safe and accessible working environment for all. We believe all of this empowers our success and makes Oregon State Treasury an excellent place to work.
Oregon State Treasury is led by State Treasurer Tobias Read. As Treasurer, he is the state’s financial leader, the custodian of public funds and chief investment officer. We prioritize investing for the long term, doing business the right way, and empowering Oregonians to invest in themselves. We're proud of the work we do to help families, governments, and businesses succeed.
Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Low employee premium share for medical, dental, vision, and basic employee life (1% or 5% employee share);
- Robust paid leave package, such as vacation, personal business, holidays, sick leave, and special holiday leave;
- PERS retirement benefits;
- Support with training and development;
- Student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF);
- Optional benefits include optional life, short & long term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, Oregon Savings Growth Plan (deferred compensation plan), flexible spending accounts, long term care insurance, employee assistance program, weight watchers, and more!
Our Values and Principles
Please visit the following webpage to learn more about Oregon State Treasury: https://www.oregon.gov/treasury/Pages/index.aspx
- Prospective employees are subject to an extensive background check that may include, but not be limited to, validation of all application materials, prior employment and personal references, credit history, driving records and fingerprint-based state and federal criminal and civil records. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
- OST does not offer visa sponsorships, and within three days of hire, the successful candidate will be required to complete the U.S. Department of Homeland Security form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. To receive preference you MUST attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources. You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
- OST is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Oregon State Treasury will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. Requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please call Oregon State Treasury at 503-378-4000 and request to be connected to Human Resources.